1. Michael tries to earn much money by hard work and save money ___ travelling abroad.
A. in hope of B. to hope C. in the hope of D. for the hope of
2. ____________ indoors watching TV, I prefer to go hunting in the forests.
A. Rather than stay B. Rather than to stay
C. Rather than staying D. Rather staying
3. Can you imagine ____________ the dinner for his family?
A. George to cook B. George to be cooking
C. George cooking D. George’s cooking
4. —Shall I begin the story?
—___________, we’re all listening.
A. All right B. Go ahead C. Yes, you will D. Certainly
5. That car accident ___________ three people their lives.
A. lost B. cost C. killed D. took
6. —Have you ___________ drinking?
A. been used for B. got used for C. been used to D. got used to
7. —What is ___________ distance between Beijing University and Qing Hua University?
—Sorry, I don’t know it exactly, but the two universities are within __________ easy distance?
A. the；不填 B. the；an C. 不填；an D. 不填；不填
8. The passenger ____________ a sign with his hand and the taxi began to drive towards him.
A. had B. gave C. made D. did
9. We all think it most foolish ___________ that mistake .
A. for you to make B. of you to make C. for your making D. of your making
10. —I don’t understand this sentence.
—Then you’d better get Henry __________ that sentence to you once more.
A. explain B. to explain C. explaining D. explained
1-5 CACBB 6-10 DACBB